Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Momento




Rubbed in coffee grounds

This project is based off of an important memory we have using only three materials. Mine is based off of my memory of a road trip I took last summer with my mom and dog Thor. I used coffee grounds, a piece of a pollo shirt, and fourteen pieces of turquoise. 
During my road trip we drove through and visited fourteen different states. Which is why I used fourteen pieces of turquoise. I also left the thread loose in the back to represent all of the adventures we went on. The reason for the turquoise is that for much of the trip it rained which is also why I used the pollo shirt. My dog is afraid of rain and thunder so we would wrap him in my stepdad's pollo shirt to comfort him. The coffee grounds are symbolic of all of the mud and waterfalls I remember as well as the large quantities of coffee we drank to stay awake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment